Thursday, January 21, 2010

Double The Stripe, Double the Fun

I saw this article in a fashion mag once about wearing a cardigan over a cardigan.
I was struck by how simple but amazing this idea of doubling is.
And you can apply this to any part of an outfit-double necklace, wearing two scarves, wearing two belts. I knew I wanted to start experimenting. After all, during the winter, wearing two of anything sounds pretty great to me.
This is a very subtle start-two tops with stripes, to ease myself into it.
My guy really loved the tie belt! Its actually a belt, it just happens to look like a tie...
I think this top works with or without a necklace-the neckline is open enough to wear something, but its also sort of frilly and dainty enough on its own.
Gray goes well with everything, right? Red heels or fluorescent yellow sneakers could look just as cute with this outfit as these flat green shoes look!
Shawl collar sweater: American Eagle Outfitters
top: Anthropologie
necklace: forever21
tie: hand me down
boyfriend jeans: target
shoes: lulus.com


No comments:

Post a Comment