Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Belatedly Posting Girl

Hi Everyone!
Long time, no see! I have been a terrible blogger, but I have some good excuses: jury duty, barbeques, our apartment got robbed! Not to mention major friend time, getting ready for school, work drama and oh yeah...the weather is so nice!



So on to the important stuff: summer is all about throwing on a dress, accessories and sandals!
Layering only gets you bonus points, but lets save it for the fall and just embrace the simplicity of summer!



I will be honest, I am a sucker for any clothing design that has some special-ness to the back and normally I wouldn't be interested in a dress with this print! I threw on a hunter green belt to give some definition even though there is no green whatsoever to this dress....



My guy so cutely encouraged me to "wear a ribbon" over the waist to cover up the elastic...its great when someone you love gives you suggestions!



I thought the tribal-esque pattern on the wedges paired nicely with the simple pattern on the dress, which makes me love this dress even more.
Note to self, an overly simple pattern can be interpreted as geometric, or tribal, or even floral, making it way more versatile!



I have lots more to share with you guys, I have sooo much to catch you up on!
I will keep you in touch with what happens at Fashion School this fall....
I always put up tons of new vintage/handmade jewelry on etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/cinnamonwren
Check it out when you get a chance!

6 comments:

  1. Hey! I just popped over here as soon as I saw your comment on my blog. And let me tell you, this is one special outfit! I love the extra special detail in the back of the dress and the way you mixed the print with the fantastic shoe pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute dress, love the print and the back! So summery :)

    That's amazing about starting off in fashion design, I hope all goes well! I am still just finishing up my general education stuff right now. To be honest I have no idea what I want to do and the pressure to pick something is driving me bananas! I know it will all work out in the end though, just have to stay positive!

    Kaylee
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I visit your blogs and read your content. Your content and blog both are very nice. Eco Friendly Green Printing Services

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh goodness, so sorry that your apartment got robbed. :(
    thank you for the sweet comment on my blog..i checked out your etsy shop and it is really Amazing.
    fashion school sounds lovely..i hope it goes well for you..i dream ab going back to school for my masters..(one day maybe. :P)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is so exciting that you are going to fashion school! jealous, I am completely self-taught (well aside from interning with tailors and some short courses at CSM) ;)

    PvdH
    www.ThePvdHJournal.com

    ReplyDelete