Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hello World!

For the past few months, I have been happily perusing the blogosphere for every fashion-oriented blog that I could find.

Its like when you like something, but you don't know anyone else who likes it. And then one day, you meet someone who also loves that thing. You hear a chorus of angels, they have some kind of bright gold glow around their head, you want to take their hands and dance around with them in a meadow and giggle.

I love clothes, but I live with three guys so I don't have too many people to share my joy with.
Its tough to live in a city with such fashionable people; I just want to quit my job and park my butt in a chair and take pictures of everyone. I want to tack on even more debt so that I can try to apply to FIT or Parsons to learn more about clothes. I don't want to read about the news or politics, I just want to study the fashion section of a bookstore.


One day, not too long ago, I found a blog about fashion. It was more relatable to me than blogs or magazines that talked only about big designers that I would never be able to afford. That blog had a whole list of other blogs that they liked, and so I kept looking and finding.

These blogs, and these ladies, were so inspiring. I wanted to be a part of this community, to share and learn my loves and finds. I wanted to know more about fashion history, clothing design and construction. I wanted to know more about style. I wanted to learn more about expression. I still do, and this is my attempt at that.

Let me just put up a collage of a few things I love that I spent too much time on:







No comments:

Post a Comment