Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Cabin Fever

I think I slept wrong on my eye.

Its sore, its not red-looking, so the only explanation is that I slept on my eye wrong, right?

Well, it hurts. I took my first spin class today (you know, that gym class where you ride a stationary bike all hardcore for an hour?) It was actually sort of fun....it reminded me that I REALLY need to exercise more...

I am also feeling cabin fever, I think, which causes me to have a million windows up of forever 21 shoes, drapey vests from Banana Republic...


Speaking of which, I am totally sure that if I do not get this vest from Banana Republic, I may explode (I have been wanting it for months now, even before it was in stores but ON A MANNEQUIN TO TORTURE ME).
All the vests I own are the fitted proper work vest-type sort. Its nice to cinch your middle with a fitted vest and billowy shirt sleeves-but what about a fitted shirt or trapeze top or crop top underneath a lovely flowing knit vest! With a great texture or reversible print!
I need this one from BR...I NEED IT...its sooo expensive....

A new rule: It is time to transition from drapy open cardigans to drapey open vests-works for both the spring and fall/winter!
Is that enough justification to buy this vest from BR??


We all have the movies that we watch simply for the clothes.
*cough! Marie Antoinette! Cough Cough!*
I watched "Easy Virture" for Colin Firth.
And then for the clothes.
LOOK how long Jessica Biel's legs are in those trousers! Amazing! That dazzling smile! That cloche hat! That adorable tiny furry sweater!
I had a hard time finding screen stills of clothing from the movie-thanks Google Images-but if you were curious, the film is 1920's era, lovely sleek evening gowns mingled with smart outfits. Brazen American infiltrates and upsets a stuffy British mansion/chateau/estate...totally worth it if you love Colin Firth.

I have the shortest legs, but thanks to these pants, or the camera angle, they look SO LONG!
Do you like the weird tying thing I did with the blue ribbon? I am sooo bad at posing, apologies.
I just wanna look as great as Jessica Biel, is that so wrong?!
Check out the bling! And these shoes...I have yet to find the perfect pair of red shoes...but raspberry wedges...ADORABLES!! The knot in the shoe echoes the knot of the ribbon of the shirt...I am a dork....

My mom found this for me in a garage sale for like 50 cents! Its super heavy and I have to be careful when I wear it. The black stone cameo, I get so afraid that I will chip that sucker.
I loved how navy blue and raspberry could go with a colorless top and neutral-colored trousers. Sort of letting the shoes and ring speak. Now it just looks sort of patriotic to me. Red, white and blue.

Top: Charlotte Russe (the ribbon + lovely collar shape + lace made me buy it)
Pants: Thrifted
Shoes: Thrifted
Ring: Gift from Mom!





No comments:

Post a Comment