Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Jeans Confidential

I have a confession to make.


I don't really like wearing jeans.
I know that sounds Un-American, but its not my fault. Check out everyone around you-how many are wearing jeans? Um, many people are. Its like some kind of unspoken uniform.

I think my anti-jean-ness started with my mom always dressing me in dresses. Then I think adolescence and hormones and baby fat made it difficult to find good jeans. And then I think going to massage school solidified the idea that jeans were not the best thing to wear. You need pants that allow for movement and jeans are too stiff, sometimes too restricting. For so long i did not wear jeans that when i finally did put on a pair, it felt uncomfortable! I was like, UGH.
Now, i sort of to feel really dressed up if i am wearing jeans.

Don't get me wrong, i own jeans, i didn't toss them all away. And i love all the different styles-boyfriend, skinny, straight, ripped, dark, distressed....i want to try them all! Now i even find myself compiling a wish list of jeans, because I have gravitated away from jeans for so long. You know? I, like everyone else, is hoping to complete the Perfect Wardrobe (but first i need the Perfect Closet, which in my case, is just a closet that is a normal or bigger size than what I have now).
I am mostly used to jeans again but...like most clothes, its hard to find things that fit right. No muffin top, but i also don't want any...cracks...to be showing. Something fitting, but not too tight. Maybe i just haven't found the right brand yet. :p
Don't you just adore mustard yellow and purple together?
I also love button down that has lines that sort of mimic the lines of the necklace, which are echoed in the little oxford designs stamped into the shoe. I thought the toe opening of these shoes were very different; almost like cloven hooves, ha!
hat: urban outfitters
top: thrifted
sweater: thrifted
necklace: forever21
pants: thrifted
shoes: kohls

No comments:

Post a Comment