Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A San Francisco Treat

Really bad title post, sorry. I am super awful at coming up with good titles. Maybe I should just use song lyrics. There are so many good ones.

Anyway, my love and I are heading to San Francisco super soon to see his sister and to be tourist dorks.
Mentally, I have been conjuring up outfits to wear there. For like weeks.
I was imagining wide brimmed hats, huge sunglasses-bigger than my whole face! Summery dresses, open-toed sandals, delicate strappy camisoles!

It will most likely be raining, but the fantasy lives on. *goes to check out weather report*
...I even drew a list of what I want to bring on the trip:

Scanner is not operational at the mo, sorry, so a pic will have to do.
I've got a to-do list on there and everything. Notice how I even had to draw 7 pairs of underwear? Sad.

To be an even bigger dork, I threw down on my floor what garments I wanted to bring, then arranged seven outfits out of them-could i wear each item with every other item? Then it could be packed.

I wish I had a polaroid camera, I totally would've taken a pic for each item, then shuffled them around into little polaroid outfits.
Actually, I really want to do that. FOR EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE.
Is this a future project? Except, I dun has an old polaroid camera. < -_->
hm...!!

I debated packing way less than this, so that I would HAVE to find a nice thrift store or goodwill of goodies to have enough clothing. But I shall also go to thrift stores anyway, hopefully.
Apologies for the sorry quality of the pix, I was in a rush.
Blue, yellow, and grey together with a kind of khaki/olive color...YUM!
Should yellow plus grey stripes plus brown plus maroon tights be paired together? WHY HECK YES.

Hmm...perhaps grey tights with this? I may be bringing red knees high socks....

May nix this sweater, its so thin...

Can I just say that I love this heels pictured here? I thrifted these recently, and it was such a surprise! The material that crisscrosses the front is a big ol piece of elastic, which makes me go eww.
But when I put them on, they are the most comfortable shoe (more comfy than, gasp, a flat shoe) and feel so light on my feet. I have to stop myself from sleeping in them, plus the new york cold crap weather = horror.
These are not even all the outfits I made. I have been narrowing this list down even more, but also throwing more stuff in....
....like running clothes! I figure if I schlep them across the country, I better gosh darn run in them, up the majestic sloping streets of San Francisco! Plus I told people I would run with them in this 4K at the end of the month in Central Park (never ran a race in my life), so yeah.

p.s.
Just checked the weather! Rainy our first weekend there, then sort cloudy and then kinda sunny at the time we leave.
But weather can change! It is gonna be AMAZ'N!

No comments:

Post a Comment